The Pioneer Park Coalition acts as a full-time advocate for the Pioneer Park neighborhood
- Support and provide feedback to leaders and legislators to continue the momentum of Operation Rio Grande.
- Make Pioneer Park awesome by investing in park improvements and establishing a coalition to pursue a public-private partnership.
- Create a positive vision for the neighborhood and for improvements to the homeless services system
Specific strategies that help accomplish mutual goals:
- Advocating for viewpoints of our neighborhood at State, County, and City public forums.
- Bringing disparate groups together to develop collaborative solutions to Pioneer Park’s challenges.
- Participating and/or organizing long range planning efforts to shape Pioneer Park’s growth and long term prosperity.
- Asking for specific policy or infrastructure changes.
- Hosting meetings with public and private stakeholders to understand needs and tailor strategies.
- Be a community voice for the Pioneer Park neighborhood as Operation Rio Grande continues, ensuring momentum is not lost and the best interests of our area of Salt Lake City are represented.